Monday, November 10, 2008

Final project

My final project is a interactive digital book for kids. The story is a story that I am wrighting about a cat that lost her family and have to learn for her self the about human relations ship and the meaning of friendship, love, pain, and decision making.

What is different in this digital story from other that exist already on-line? I would like to create a place for discussion for important subjects matter in life like: to die, to trust your self, to find and appreciate real love and friend ship between kids and family, parents and educators.

what will be the aesthetic? the illustrations will be drawings done with a masking tape technique that i have developed based in lines and shapes that help the viewer to have an idea about the spaces and characters characteristic but will bot fully depict them in order to allow the reader to go further in the story and create their own interpretation of the illustrations.

How will be the format? it will be a DreamWeaver file with image and links that connects alternative levels of related information about the story or important points where will be important to be discussed by the kid and the adults.

who it will be developed? I will use adobe Illustratore, Photoshop and Dreamweaver

I know that it is a big project to accomplish but i am very exited to do it.

3 comments:

Tina said...

totally doesn't have anything to do with your post but i dont have your email, did you see my phone after i left class where i was sitting ? i dont know where it is !!!

Tina said...

ok so now that i made a random comment, here is a real one

(random sidenote) you obviously do not check this page at all cause i wrote that above comment monday and you still didn't know what i was talking about on wednesday. nice going Hernan

jk jk

Well I think your idea is great. I am eager to see the illustrations expecially. This story about the cat reminds me of the song on "Friends" "smelly cat~~ smelly cat~~ what are they feeding you?"

It sounds like a very ambitious project, but then you seem to be a very ambitious person so more power to you.

Actually I was also thinking about a digital interactive story but since we have not seen the presentation on this yet and I have almost no idea what it is, I decided against it.

Just wondering, you said this book is for kids, exactly what age group? I like the medium you are using to try and get kids to think about such big and important issues . It will probably really get some kids excited and thinking without even realizing that they are. And I like that you are using the illstrations the way that you are so that the kids themselves can imagine and create their own world of what they think it should be like and look like. Really neat idea, eager to see what comes out of it! Good luck! (see i'm nice)

Farolyn said...

Hi Hernan! Your idea was really inspiring. I enjoyed the online storybook as well as the idea of creating a tangible book. The website seemed easy to navigate. The text and the images worked really well together. The masking tape created a textural appearance. I am assuming the book is available in two languages, english and spanish. Is there a link somewhere on your blog? I would really like to read the story in its full entirety. Have a great day!