Thursday, December 18, 2008

Interactive Narrative



I google the words interactive media and the result to my request was a list of links to different pages with information about multimedia storytelling. I visited the web sites in particular this one http://www.interactivenarratives.org/ were you can find a list of other sites with multimedia material from news papers like The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, etc. The articles and the multimedia material was interesting but it was not what I was spectating.

I thought that I will found a list games like the one that we discussed in class where the player interact with a male and female couple in a everyday situation on real-time 3d interactive drama answering questions and adding comments to build the direction of the interaction. In this case was really interesting the programing behind the interaction because it seems like all the possibles answer that the player would write were already taken under consideration for another possible answer that will keep building the interaction of the game. So I went to wikipedia to get more information about the interactive narratives unfortunately there was not much information about it. I went back to google and searched for interactive narratives games and I found this interesting web site with a list of on-line games http://jayisgames.com/archives/2008/12/the_majesty_of_colors.php

I played with The Majesty of Colors, by Gregory Weir. It is an expressive interactive story about choices and consequences. You play the part of a nightmarish Lovecraftian beast from the undiscovered ocean depths, as it creeps to the surface and encounters the human race for the first time. A first-person narrative provides context, and helps guide you through your emotional encounter with this confusing new world.
I was interesting and i never like video games or computer games that much but after this new approach I would like to keep visiting new sites with information, reviews and comments about new games and interactive stories in the future.

No comments: